ADO.Net Tutorial using C#
In this tutorial we will discuss about Basics of Ado.Net, Authentication and types of Connectivity in Ado.Net using C#.
Ado.Net is stands for ActiveX Data Objects which is a part of .net framework. Ado.Net is a collection of classes i.e. used for database connectivity.
Ado.Net contains set of classes i.e. used to handle data access by database connectivity.
Data Providers: Generally, Provider is a program used to convert front-end code in form of Back-end code and vice-versa.
- Data Provider for SQL Server :- System.Data.SqlClient.
- Data Provider for OLEDB :- System.Data.OleDb.
- Data Provider for ODBC :- System.Data.Odbc.
Authentication: There are two type of Authentication in Ado.net as follows:
- Windows Authentication.
- Sql Server Authentication (as we use Sql server).
There are two types of connectivity provided by Ado.net. These are given below:
- Ado.Net in Connected Mode.
- Ado.Net in Disconnected Mode.